Inquiry-Based Learning with iMovie and Aurasma
This workshop integrates inquiry-based learning with technology. Participants learn ways to incorporate 21st century teaching and themes to create student-centered activities. Learn how iMovie is used to create a public service announcement and then embed the video on images using augmented reality app, Aurasma.
- Engage in activities that enhance their understanding of the SAMR Model
- Explore problem-based learning with the use of technology
- Develop ideas on how to create lessons with iPads, using the SAMR model as a framework
- Write explanatory texts that convey ideas
- Enhance final products with augmented reality
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.1.2: Write informative/explanatory texts in which they name a topic, supply some facts about the topic, and provide some sense of closure.
- CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.4.2: Write informative/explanatory texts to examine a topic and convey ideas and information clearly.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.4.2.A: Introduce a topic clearly and group related information in paragraphs and sections; include formatting (e.g., headings), illustrations, and multimedia when useful to aiding comprehension.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.9-10.2: Write informative/explanatory texts to examine and convey complex ideas, concepts, and information clearly and accurately through the effective selection, organization, and analysis of content